The Revelation...Review

About the book:
Spanning three generations, the compelling novels of the Abram's Daughters series feature five courting-age sisters, their extended family, and their quaint Old Order community, whose way of life and faith in God are as enduring as their signature horse and buggy. Or so it seems... In this suspenseful conclusion to the series, readers will thrill to another gripping story with Lewis's trademark captivating twists and turns, and startling answers to the compelling questions set into motion in the first book, The Covenant.

The final chapter in the Abram's Daughters series and, by far, the best book of the 5. I couldn't put it down. I was so anxious to find out what happened to Leah, and if things would finally come together for her and Jonas. The story wraps up neatly, but not without some heartbreak, confession, reconciliation and forgiveness. I was so happy to see Sadie finally find her own happiness as well.

I found the absolutely rigidity of the Amish faith interesting. I also found it interesting that people in different localities, all who consider themselves Amish, could live and worship so differently. I found myself frustrated that the Bishop held so much power over his people, even when his decisions seemed contrary to Christ-like behavior. That many of the characters in this book found their own way to Christ didn't surprise me.

Beverly Lewis has captured a glimpse of the Plain people so completely. Her characterizations are terrific. As I've said before, her prose is plain and concise, but not simple. She says what needs to be said, and she does it so well.

I definitely recommend this series. It was one that I hated to see end.

Thanks to my local library for having a copy I could borrow.

Read 3/08

* * * *
4/5 Stars

Comments