Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom...Review

About the book:
Dr. Christiane Northrup’s vision of mind-body wellness has received an extraordinary response from women all over the world. Her groundbreaking classic, Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom, powerfully demonstrates that when women change the basic conditions of their lives that lead to health problems, they heal faster, more completely, and with far fewer medical interventions.

Here in this revised edition is the most up-to-date information available on the entire range of women’s health concerns, including:

• A nutrition chapter emphasizing individual dietary needs and body chemistry
• Information on improving fertility after age 35–and how to cut the risk of C-section by 50 percent
• A comprehensive program for menopause, including how to decide whether natural hormone replacement is right
• Holistic ways to prepare and heal faster if surgery is necessary
• Plus dozens of natural treatments and a wealth of hard-to-find health care resources

Filled with dramatic case histories from her medical practice in Maine, Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom is contemporary medicine at its best, combining new technologies with natural remedies and the miraculous healing powers within the body itself.

I thought this was an interesting book. Fascinating on many levels. I didn't purchase it, I borrowed it from the library. However, I think it would be a good reference book to have in your health library. It's really not one I would just sit down and read cover to cover, but it is one I would refer back to over and over again.

Northrup talks a lot about the mind/body connection and I also appreciate her approach that western medicine should go hand in hand with holistic/natural healing. That is my personal philosophy in life, but not one shared by many MDs.

I read it mostly in search of suggestions and solutions for dealing with premenopausal issues. And, while it was helpful, for my issues, I much prefer Dr. John Lee's book, What your Doctor may not tell you about Premenopause.

Thanks to my local library for having a copy I could borrow.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 4/08

* * *

3/5 Stars

Comments

  1. I thought I saved your e-mail, but not! Could you contact me, please? Tristi at tristipinkston.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment