Twilight the Movie

Disclaimer: I haven't seen the film version of Twilight. I borrowed the books from the library. I don't plan to see the movie, at least until it's at the Dollar Theater or even a nearby Red Box.

It's no secret that I'm not a Twilight junkie. I even liked Breaking Dawn the best.

Stephenie Meyer claims to have been inspired by Pride and Prejudice. (Not my Pride and Prejudice anyway.) If you want to read a terrific review of not just the film, but of Edward and Bella and their whole twisted non Darcy/Elizabeth relationship, read this blog post. Then come back and tell me what you think. I tend to agree: Bella is no heroine and Edward is simply a pretty boy who, despite his years of immortality, has never grown up.

Gosh, I miss Angel. He had a purpose. He wore leather jackets. And his heroines? Cordelia and Buffy. Now there were girls to be reckoned with.

Comments

Post a Comment