Booking Through Thursday...Disaster!

You’ve just dropped your favorite, out-of-print book into a bathtub, ruining it completely … What do you do now?

I haven't done a Booking Through Thursday post for a long time.  I'd gotten away from memes, but since I've started doing the Mailbox Monday post again, I checked out the BTT one. I can't say it's my favorite question, but I suppose it's a good one.

I don't read books in the bathtub.  I might read a magazine or something that I don't care about if it gets wet. But, I'd rather curl up with a book, a blanket and a cup of cocoa rather than read a book in a bathtub.  It's just not my thing!

If, however, a favorite out-of-print book was to be ruined, I'd be sad.  I'd try and tell myself that it was just a "thing" and in the long-run doesn't matter.  Then I would frantically search through half.com/ebay/amazon/wherever to see if I could find another one!

What about you?

Go here for more interesting Booking Through Thursday posts.

Comments

  1. I don't think I have any out of print books, but I would be upset if something happened to one of my autographed books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading in the tub is not something I normally ever do, maybe listen to a book but I cant say I've ever dropped a book in the tub. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! Reading in the tub is so not my thing. If I ever ruined an out-of-print book somehow or lost it, I would be sad, but take comfort in the fact that my shelves are full of other really good books. It's just a thing, however much I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment