Pumpkin Roll...Review

About the book:
Sadie Hoffmiller is looking forward to spending her favorite baking season of the year making delicious New England recipes in Boston, Massachusetts, with her favorite leading man, Pete Cunningham, as they babysit his three young grandsons. But when the boys insist that Mrs. Wapple, the woman who lives across the street, is a witch, Sadie and Pete are anxious to distract the boys from such Halloween-induced ideas. However, it gets harder and harder to explain the strange things that keep happening, particularly after Sadie learns the eccentric Mrs. Wapple has been attacked in her home.

As the unexplained occurrences escalate, Sadie finds herself embroiled in yet another mystery with life-or-death consequences. Can Sadie discover whoever—or whatever—is behind the mystery before anyone else gets hurt? Or will this be Sadie’s last case?

Sadie's back!  She has accompanied Pete to Boston where they are caring for his grandsons while his son and daughter in law are away.  Sadie relishes the role of pseudo-grandma and having new people to cook for.  When the boys start talking about their weird neighbor and are convinced she's a witch, Sadie sets out to take her some cookies and prove them wrong.  Faster than she can say "Whoopie Pie", Sadie finds herself once again involved in an investigation.

This installment of Josi's culinary mystery series is more Halloween themed with potential ghosts and unexplained events. I loved learning more about Pete and his history and I wish Shawn would play a more major role in these books.  He's such a great character.   I also must say that I don't like Jane at all. I'm getting tired of her antics and I hope that she can finally be finished and put away.

While I didn't like this one quite as much as the others in the series, I still love Sadie and enjoyed her latest adventure.  I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks to my local bookstore that had a copy I could purchase.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 11/11

* * *
3/5 Stars

Comments

  1. I have not read any of the books in this culinary mystery series. They sound fun, I'll add them to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment