2012 Wrap-Up

As near as I can tell, I read and reviewed 111 books in 2012. Of those, 2 were DNF. That is less than my 160 of last year, but as some of you know, I had major surgery this summer and it disrupted every aspect of my life. I've also decided that I don't like reading challenges. And, committed, scheduled book tours sometimes put a damper on my reading and I've decided I don't like reading deadlines. But, I do love reading and I love reviewing, so I shall find the middle ground.

Some of my favorites this year:








The School of Essential Ingredients
The Lost Art of Mixing



The Fiddler
The Wedding Dress

Some not so favorites:






For Such a Time as This
The Ruins of Us

True disappointments:


My Jane Austen Summer

What about you?  Any favorites?  No so favorites?

Thanks for stopping by this past year. Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Here's to a fantastic 2013 and many more good book discoveries!

Comments

  1. So many good books on this list, I read The Wedding Dress this year too and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your list makes me want to drop everything and read The Lost Art of Mixing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we have similar reading tastes and our stats are very similar! I also liked The Captive Heart and of course, The School of essential Ingredients. I'm looking forward to following more of your reviews this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 111, I think that's awesome! I'm trying to inch my way up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled upon the Vampire Empire series this past Thanksgiving and fell in love. It's different from a lot of the vampire stuff out there but yet similar at the same time. I'm glad that I decided to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I found your blog through Booktalk & More. I read several of the books on your year-end list, including The Wedding Dress, The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, and Mockingjay. I've only read one Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath. I often think his books are an acquired taste. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow! 111 books?? 160 books?? I did about 40 books this year, and that was a big year for me!

    How you have a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great year! I love Bauermeister's books, so glad to see them on your list. I liked My Jane Austen Summer more than you did, but it definitely wasn't my favorite Austenesque book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment