Booking Through Thursday...Enmity

Any books or authors you hate? Why? Is it the writing? The stories? The author’s personality? And—would you read their work anyway?

I don't know that I "hate" any authors.  I do know that there are authors and books that I don't read and don't like.

I didn't love and adore the Twilight series and I don't care for Stephenie Meyer's writing.  She needs a really good editor.

I don't like books by Nicholas Sparks or Jodi Picoult.  They're predictable and overrated and I don't even give them a glance now.

Go here for more BTT posts.

Comments

  1. Good call on the formula writers. I remember being enthralled by my first couple of Picoult books, but now... I haven't read her in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely. Sticking with the same formula is very predictable and just not enjoyable for me. Along with those you mentioned, I can think of quite a few bestsellers who do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When authors bring out the same work with a different title it can be extremely annoying. I enjoyed a few from Picoult and Sparks but don't feel the need to read everything they write because it is all so similar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree about Nicholas Sparks. I also recently saw a tweet about him joking that he wrote one boo and played mad libs with the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment