Weekend Reflections 6/25

Looking outside....it's sunny and breezy. With a high of 82. 

Listening...to silence. The Boy and the Doctor are at work and The Artist is sleeping. 

Loving...good medical care, a comfortable hospital waiting room and Cafeteria Clam Chowder. 

Thinking...that I am tired.

In my kitchen...probably take out. We will be at the hospital most of the day because my Mom had her second surgery in three weeks yesterday.

Wearing...black/white striped skirt and tan t-shirt and black cardigan.

Needing...to fold some laundry before going to the hospital.


Reading...I haven't read much of note this week. It's been a little busy!

Today...The Artist needs to mow the lawn and The Boy is working and then he will mow Grandma's lawn. He might have plans later, we need to talk about it.

Feeling...last week it was heartbreak for the tragedies in Florida. This week, it's watching the drama unfold in the UK and wondering what the Brexit decision to leave the EU actually means. The Doctor has lived in the U.S. for 22 years and is now a U.S. citizen, but his family is still in England and Wales. We have talked this weekend about what the fallout could be and how he might have voted if he was still there. It is easy to see some parallels to what is happening here in America. The world seems to be falling into chaos and it's fascinating and frightening to watch.

Planning...for the week. Schedules and obligations. Appointments and errands.

Gratitude...for great doctors and nurses who have cared for my mother with such tender kindness. I am grateful for their knowledge and their service to her. She has been in good hands and we are blessed to have such good care. I am also grateful that she is recovering well and that hopefully, this will bring back her quality of life.

From my world... 



My little alcove in the hospital waiting room yesterday. Grateful for a quiet place to wait and wifi!

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I agree with you about the chaos - it's scary! I hope your mom's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mom recovers quickly and fully!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment