Weekend Reflections 7/2

Looking outside...it's sunny and hot. Freaking hot. Have I ever mentioned that I hate the heat? I do. It literally makes me ill.

Listening...to the fan in my kitchen. The Boy and The Doctor are at work and The Brother is sleeping. He needs to mow the lawn later.

Loving...an air conditioner. Both the house unit and the window unit we put in our bedroom. 

In my kitchen...a cup of hot chocolate right now. I made Raspberry jam yesterday. My Apricot-Pineapple jam that I did last week turned out awesome, but Raspberry is my favorite.

Wearing...black and white striped skirt and black t-shirt.

Hoping...that our mechanic friend can get started on our car this weekend. The dealership sucks and the insurance company that is supposed to cover things, won't. Thank goodness for friends who know cars and are willing to do the work for us. I'd rather pay him than a snotty dealership. 


Reading...still need to finish Summer of Dreams by Elizabeth Camden. It's a novella and I like it, but this month has been so busy with family and health issues that reading has really taken a back seat.

Today...The Doctor and I are going out to dinner and possibly a movie. It will be nice to spend some time together. This month has been so busy that it's easy to feel disconnected with each other.

Quoting..."I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from."--Steve Rogers, Captain America: The First Avenger.

Feeling...that I am tired. So tired. Do you ever feel like you're just weary of life? That's where I am.

Planning...we're having a family 4th of July celebration at my sister's home. It's become tradition. We barbeque and eat, the kids play in the pool and then most of her neighborhood turns out for fireworks. No need to go to some big event. We have quite the event ourselves and between us and a couple of neighbors, it's quite spectacular!

Gratitude...for fantastic doctors and nurses, for a hospital that took wonderful care of my mother twice this month. I am grateful that she is on the mend and feeling better.

From my world... 


I love seeing my boys read. The Boy decided to reread the Ranger's Apprentice series this summer. 

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments