Weekend Reflections 7/23

Looking outside...it's sunny and hot. Have I ever mentioned that I hate heat?

Listening...to silence. The Boy and The Doctor are at work and The Artist is sleeping. 

Loving...family, extended family. Cousins. Heritage. Legacy.

Thinking...that I am tired, so very tired. Mom and I went to Utah for another funeral yesterday. 8 hours total driving, 600+ miles, 5 wonderful hours with beloved family members. A good, but long day.

In my kitchen...a Grande Peppermint Hot Chocolate and a butter croissant from Starbucks.

Wearing...black skirt, white t-shirt.

Hoping...that we can get some solutions to our vehicle problems. Both cars are having issues.


Reading...what's that? I haven't read anything of note for nearly a month.

Today...my house needs some care. It's been neglected and we need to do some definite tidying, sweeping and vacuuming.

Quoting...“Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” – Jane Howard

Feeling...So many things. I drove to Utah yesterday with my mom for another funeral for one of her cousins. It is difficult because as we age, saying good-bye to loved ones becomes more common. But, I love this family that I am descended from. They are good people who came from a tiny little town in northern Utah. That town gave them an upbringing that shaped and molded them into amazing people who then raised more amazing people. 

Funerals are so bittersweet. There are tears and memories, but there is also laughter and reminiscing and reunions. I love cousins. First, second, third; once-, twice-, three times-removed, whatever. You're a cousin? It doesn't matter at what level you fall. You're related and you're part of this amazing legacy.

Planning...we got The Boy his housing for school. An apartment near campus, affordable and not a dive. Woot! I need to start looking ahead to make lists for what he will need. I'm working on his cookbook.

Gratitude...for family, immediate and extended family. Cousins. Heritage. Legacy.

From my world... 


Best new road trip snack. Seriously.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. Funerals are sad but it's nice to see family that you don't see often. I'm sure The Boy is getting excited about school!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment