Weekend Reflections 7/30

Looking outside...it's sunny and hot. Our high today is supposed to be 101. I am so ready for fall.

Listening...to silence. The Boy and The Doctor are at work and The Brother is sleeping. It sounds like a normal Saturday.

Loving...my air conditioner. Have I ever mentioned how much I love air conditioners? 

Thinking...that I can't believe it's almost August already. Where has this year gone?

In my kitchen...a cup of hot chocolate right now. I think I'm going to try a ketogenic pizza for dinner.

Wearing...purple pajamas.

Hoping...that we can find a measure of peace in our lives again. 


Reading...Unlocked by Margo Kelly. Review goes up on Monday.

Today...The Doctor and The Boy are going to be working on the Buick which is having issues. The Trailblazer is in the shop. We've gone the runaround with the dealership where we bought it and the warranty company about the drive-train warranty actually covering the engine issues. We finally just picked up the Trailblazer and now it is with our personal trusted mechanic who has already discovered that the problem is completely different than what the dealership was trying to sell us. I am so done with that particular dealership. Never again.

Quoting...“Kindness is always motivated by something nobler than just a desire to be kind.” ― Susan Meissner, A Fall of Marigolds

Feeling...I am tired. So tired. I'm life weary at the moment. There is so much going on in our lives, in our family. Some days the stress and uncertainty is overwhelming.

I am so tired of this election. I am so tired of the polarizing rhetoric; the us vs. them. The labels. The idea that certain lives matter over others. And the thought that we have come to the point in our society where we feel the need to even state that certain lives matter breaks my heart. It is the 21st century and I feel like we are taking steps backwards in regards to progression rather than taking steps forward. We should be better than this. 

I am so tired of the ideas that if you don't like Hillary, you automatically support Trump and vice versa. I am tired of the idea that if you like Trump, you're a hater and against women and if you like Hillary, you're a baby killer. I have done a lot of soul searching over the past few months as to where my political beliefs lie. I have never been one to vote a straight political party line, for either side. 

As a woman, I am thrilled to see a female presidential nominee. It's fantastic and historic. But, I haven't decided yet if I believe Hillary is the right woman. In watching and listening over the past year, I have realized that my views have evolved over time and, at this point in my life, neither main party fully supports those ideals that I value and find important. I now have to decide if voting for a third party candidate is something I can do or what issues are the most important to me and if I can vote Republican or Democrat in order to try and see those issues resolved.

I am tired of the memes on Facebook and the incendiary posts and remarks. 

It's really not difficult to make this world a better place. Respect people. Be kind. Work hard. Do your best. Be honest. Make a difference. Help when you can. Love is a verb.


Planning...we are in the midst of making plans and checking off lists for The Boy to go to school in September.

Gratitude...for friends and family who have loaned us cars to get through this vehicle trial. I am so grateful for their generosity and love.

From my world... 





No matter what is happening around me, I can always count on the comfort that a cup of cocoa and sourdough toast with butter and apricot-pineapple jam give me. Just a little taste of sanity in an otherwise tumultuous world right now.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. I love the summer but the heat this year has been ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired of the elections and everything in the world as well. Sometimes I think the Internet makes things too accessible.
    I told a friend the exact same thing the other day - I'm weary in my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. I don't know my Fahrenheit too well, but 101 is super hot (about 39C?). I'm sending you some of this cold wind!
    Good luck with your election, we Aussies feel your pain and our campaign was only 8 weeks (plus 1 week for the result).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes about the elections. So sick of it all. And I was just having a conversation about air conditioning the other day. So glad to have it—so many people don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Air conditioning is one of those tender mercies I will never take for granted!

      Delete

Post a Comment