Weekend Reflections 1/28

Looking outside...it's cold. We got about an inch of snow on Thursday. That wasn't supposed to happen. 

Listening...to the The Artist looking through the bulk lego bins at our favorite Lego store. Other customers mingling around.

Loving...that my freezer is full of delicious home-raised beef. We purchased half a cow from my aunt and uncle. Picked it up on Thursday from the butcher and grilled steak that night. Oh my goodness it was yummy. 

Thinking...that I have too many thoughts. That I have never examined my own thoughts and feelings as much as I have these last few months. I have shared some of my thoughts and views here and I had a much longer series of thoughts written down to share today because of the inauguration and Women's March. But, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Honestly, I am so weary of the hatred. Being anonymous on the Internet is cowardly. And even if you use your own name, hiding behind your keyboard and attacking other people simply because they have a different life view than you do is cowardly. 

I could tell you how I believe. I could tell you how I voted. I could tell you my concerns for the upcoming administration. But I truly don't think it would make a difference. There would be one word or one phrase that is latched onto and honest conversation and true discussion would be out the window. 

For the few readers I do have, I think some of my thoughts and beliefs would surprise you. But those thoughts and beliefs are mine and I have the right to them. Just like you have the right to yours, whether we agree or not. But, whether we agree or not, should make no difference. We are women. The influence and reach we have is amazing. And even with differences in belief or opinion, if we all work together, we truly do make a difference.

I hate labels of any sort. I think that women, all women, have more in common than not. I think that you can have honest dialogue. I think that you can disagree without getting angry and mean.

From before the election through today, I have seen people on social media trying to explain their thoughts and getting slammed because someone else took offense, likely where none was intended. Tolerance only if someone agrees with you isn't tolerance and impedes honest communication and effective dialogue.

Stop assuming everyone who disagrees with you hates you. This goes both ways and for every political affiliation. Ask someone you know who has a different political opinion to share their thoughts and then listen without judging and allow them to listen to you. You don't have to agree. Call your government representatives and share your views. Help others. March. Work together. Make a difference in your communities. Listen to each other. Volunteer. Be kind. Do good. Love is a verb.

In my kitchen...Not sure what's on the menu for tonight.

Wearing...denim skirt, white turtleneck, gray sweater, burnt orange scarf.

Hoping...that the sun peeks out today.


Reading...Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man by William Shatner.

Today...it's National Lego Day, so we are at our favorite Lego store in Boise. Bricks and Minifigs. It's right by The Doctor's office. It's a family day today. Those are so nice. I suspect we will end up at The Chocolat Bar today as well.

Quoting...“I say to you all, once again -- in the light of Lord Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Feeling...So tired of winter. I don't mind the cold. I don't even mind the snow. I'd rather live in Idaho than Arizona or Las Vegas. But, this winter is getting old. I am ready for spring.

Gratitude...for my hard-working husband. This first month of practice has been a fantastic beginning and I am so proud of him.

From my world... 



This probably reflects my thoughts this week more than writing anything could.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments