Trimming the TBR

Today, I have 2891 books on my Goodreads To-Read list. Some of those have been on there since I first started tracking my reading on Goodreads. I periodically purge that list and remove books and I thought it could be a fun exercise to share here.

So, among the first purge are the following:


Where the Heart Is... Liked the film well enough, don't feel the need to read the book.

Eat, Pray, Love... Too much hype, it no longer interests me.

 

good enough mother... While it is likely a terrific parenting book. I haven't picked up a parenting book in years. 

Square Foot Gardening... As much as I'd love to do this at some point, I'm not going to be looking at my To-Read list for books about it.


The Work and The Glory... There was so much hype about this series when it came out years ago that I was completely put off by it. That hasn't changed. Still have no desire to read or watch it.

A Year of Reading... Yeah, a book about what to read sounds good in theory, but with 2800+ books already on my To-Read list and more getting added weekly, I don't need a book giving me suggestions on what to read.


Eat, Shrink & Be Merry... I don't even remember what kind of diet this is. With The Doctor so successfully doing Keto, I'm not cooking the way I used to and I'm not looking at diet plans or cookbooks any more.

Coming Unglued... I read two others in this series and while they were ok, I didn't enjoy them enough to seek out the rest.

------------

I ended this purge with 2855 books, which means I eliminated 36 books from my To-Read shelf. Not bad. Obviously I didn't list every single book here. But it's a start, right?

What about you? How many books are on your TBR? Do you ever go through and clean it out?

Comments

  1. I do trim my TBR from time to time but never bother to take the books of Good Reads or Library Thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodreads is the only place I keep track of my TBR and I didn't like Library Thing. So, hence, the periodic culling!

      Delete
  2. I should trim my GR TBR -- that's such a good idea! Tastes/interests change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using Goodreads in 2007. I have a lot of books that were added back then and I know I won't ever read them. My interests have definitely changed!

      Delete
  3. I do go through my Goodreads list every few months or so, and if I can't remember why I put a book on it, I tend to take it off. I already have so many books that I want to read I like to keep that particular TBR list under control. More or less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it didn't have to be done 1 by 1 - takes too long!.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment