Books I Have Forgotten

Each month I revisit some of my past reviews. One of the reasons I started this book blog was to remember what books I have read. My memory isn't the greatest anymore and I found that I would read a book and then not remember if I liked it or what it was even about.

Maybe one of these will prompt you to seek out an older, but amazing book. Or, if you've read one of these and your review was different, please share!

--------------------------------------------

Heat Wave by Richard Castle
3/5 Stars
1/2013

"I watch very little television. Seriously. Especially in comparison to people who watch tons of shows. But, I adore, absolutely adore the show Castle. I love what ABC has done with the Richard Castle character and that the Nikki Heat books are real. I just wish I'd loved this as much as I love the show. The book is entertaining and it's easy to see the character comparisons between book fiction and the fictional 12th precinct. But, it just shows me again that murder mystery isn't my favorite genre. Sometimes I get lucky with it and this one wasn't bad, it just won't ever be my favorite. I prefer watching Rick and Kate go at each other rather than reading about Rook and Heat.

Best part of the book? The acknowledgements and author interview at the end. Hysterical and so true to the Castle character."

I really don't remember anything about this.

Threads of Hope by Andrea Boeshaar
4/5 Stars
1/2012

"As the feud between the Sundberg's and the Eikaas' grows, the town and church congregation find themselves divided. Discovering how, and if, that divisiveness can be healed makes Threads of Hope a compelling novel.

Some of the dialogue was a bit stilted and formal at times, but this was a sweet story about love and forgiveness. Andrea Boeshaar has a gift for creating realistic characters and situations. I've enjoyed everything I've read from her so far and as this is the first book in the Fabric of Time series, I eagerly look forward to more."

I have no memory of this one either. I didn't recognize the cover and nothing about the summary seemed remotely familiar. Bummer. Apparently I liked it.

Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliott
4/5 Stars
2/2012

"Second in the Saddler's Legacy series, the book stands alone well, but Fairer than Morning is the delightful story about Ben's parents Will and Ann, who return here. I have loved getting to know the Hanby family in these books. These stories are fictionalized accounts based on real life people and Rosslyn Elliot has not only created engaging, likeable characters, she has also captured the essence of humanity, where good men and women are able to rise above their own adversity to help others in need."

Apparently I enjoyed it. Quite a bit.

--------------------------------------------

What about you? What are some of the books you've read in previous years?

Comments